I just remembered when during the Social Media Club meeting one journalist was saying not to believe the internet would be there in a couple of years time this myst have been naivity or was he just closing his eyes as a change was imminent? Media are business nowadays and nobody can hide from that fact. The numbers are convincing enough – and business is about numbers. Media are business – so about numbers.
The romantism of working in media will be diffent in the near future. We don’t work on a typewriter for a long time and the print is not made with lead shapes anymore. It’s getting to be about people and people only. The distance that existed traditionally between the journalist and the audience is to disappear, we will work in the centre of the society, surrounded by people who are our sources and the audience at the same time. Get used to it. It’s the only way.
- Social Media Club Atlanta: Rebuilding on a stronger foundation (socialmediaclub.org)
- Common business mistakes with social media (thedigitalden.com.au)
- Social Media for Your Ecommerce Site (ronmedlin.com)
- Social and Location: The Consumer Perspective – Social Media Club Atlanta (marketersstudio.com)
- A Consumer Viewpoint Of Social Media (figworks.wordpress.com)
- A Cynical View Of Social Media? (figworks.wordpress.com)